Post to your Twitter and Facebook social networks right here. Select whichever social channels you wish to post to from the Choose a Profile panel on the right, put your text, image, or video content in the Message field and tap the Send button. That's it. You just posted to your social channels without getting lost in a rabbit hole of social media content. What's next on your to-do list?
Although Facebook allows you to post up to 5000 characters, Twitter is famous for limiting posts to 140 characters. If you compose a post that you want to publish to Facebook and Twitter simultaneously, you must keep the character count below Twitter's 140 character limitation. Remember, characters are letters, numbers, spaces, punctuation, or any other keystroke. The number in the bottom right hand corner of the field is your character limitation based on the profiles you've selected. It will count down as you type and will not allow you to go over in the input field. If you cut and paste, make sure you carefully proofread to be sure no characters were removed or altered.
- Facebook character limit = 5000 characters.
- Twitter character limit = 140 characters.
- When selecting both and Facebook limits the characters to 140.
Uploading a Photo
Click the camera icon to upload an image from your desktop. Your computer's native file manager will open. Find and select the image you'd like to post. Only one image can be uploaded for a post. If you re-upload an image, it will replace the previously uploaded image. When your image has successfully uploaded, a thumbnail of the image will appear. If you decide you want to remove it, hover over the image and an X will appear. Click the X to remove the photo. We will notify you that the post has been published and provide the correlating URL.
Photo Files Specifications:
- Acceptable file formats are .jpg, .png, or .gif.
- Facebook photo sizes should be 1200 x 628 pixels
- Twitter photo sizes should be 1024 x 512 pixels
- Instagram image sizes should be 1080 x 1080
How Photos will Display
- On Facebook, if you upload a square image to share, it will display at 470 pixels square, the maximum allowable size in a Facebook feed. If your image is too small, they will likely appear blurry and pixelated when they are sized up to the 470 pixels square, so you should re-upload a larger image. A horizontal (landscape) image will be scaled to 470 pixels wide and the height will be adjusted accordingly. A vertical (portrait) image will be scaled to a height of 394 pixels and aligned to the left and the width will adjust accordingly.
- Twitter images will retain the aspect ration, limiting the overall image according to it's maximum. Square images will display at 512 pixels square, horizontal images will be 1024 wide and the height will adjust accordingly. Vertical images will be 512 pixels high and the width will adjust accordingly.
- On Instagram, a square image will display at 1080 pixels square. A vertical image will display at 1080 pixels wide by 1350 pixels high. A horizontal image displays at 1080 pixels wide by 566 pixels high.